(808) 469-4982

Close this search box.

(808) 469-4982

Close this search box.

This webpage will serve as a resource for both incoming and current JABSOM students regarding their immunizations and the process of ensuring the accurate delivery of requested immunization records. Unvaccinated health professional students may not participate in required classes, rotations, or practicums where the site requires current vaccination for the safety of patients, other staff, and the public. Missing required coursework would impede the timely attainment of their degree.

Failure to submit immunization records timely may result in a delay in matriculation or starting of rotation. 

Please use the following form to assist you:
List of required JABSOM immunizations – which is required for all students.

Please contact us at:

JABSOM Medical Records Immunizations
University Clinical Education & Research Associates (UCERA)
dba University Health Partners of Hawaii (UHP)
677 Ala Moana Boulevard, Suite 1001
Honolulu, HI 96813

Phone (808) 469-4980 I Fax (808) 447-3943 I JABSOMMR@UCERA.ORG

Visit us on YouTube



How do I find my immunization records?
Check with previous school, hospital or clinic records

How long does it take to process immunization requests?
 business days from the date of receipt to when the UHP immunization office will submit to the designated party.

How old can my lab results/titers be?
Titers must be within 5 years from the date of matriculation.

What is required to submit my immunization records?
All records should have your name and an identifier (e.g. DOB). Please ensure that you check the file size of your records, if it is blurry or too small we will ask you to resend.  We will not accept screenshots of medical records without student identifying information such as name and date of birth

Note that all records should be legible and in English to ensure vaccination compliance. Records should originate from US or US territories.  If international, please contact JABSOM Immunization at JABSOMMR@ucera.org for more information.

List of where you can find prior immunization records (be sure to submit both sides of each document):

    • Official State / Country Immunization Records
    • Prior medical records or lab records
    • Yellow Book / Immunization Cards
    • Pharmacy documentation of immunization

How do I request my immunization records?

Please submit request from your @hawaii.edu email address to JABSOMMR@UCERA.ORG. Records are sent encrypted with the subject line of ESECURE. You will need to create a password in order to open the document.

Please be advised that each facility may have their own unique immunizations requirements beyond what we are currently asking.

Disclaimer: Please note secure documents using ESECURE will automatically be deleted within 14 calendar days


  1. Legible copy of a school or public health immunization record (i.e. yellow book/immunization card)
  2. Legible copy of an official health care provider’s record
  3. Legible copy of an official laboratory test to show evidence of protective serology
  4. Pharmacy documentation of immunization(s)

Serology/titer documentation must be within the last 5 years.

Failure to find records of your immunizations will require you to repeat the series of the specific immunization.

Negative, equivocal or indeterminate serology results will require re-vaccination of the series.

Please allow 7-10 business days for processing/review of immunization records. You will be sent confirmation that your records have been received and informed of any additional requirements if needed.

Please contact the JABSOM Immunization office for further instructions at JABSOMMR@UCERA.ORG 


JABSOM’s H.O.M.E. Clinic will often administer flu shots. Please contact the H.O.M.E. Clinic or Dr. Jill Omori for the clinic’s schedule. 

Current flu shots can be received any public health clinic or urgent care or any outpatient pharmacy (e.g. CVS, Safeway, Times, Walmart,etc).

Please contact the H.O.M.E. Clinic or Dr. Jill Omori directly, the clinic will eventually forward your record of vaccination but there may be a processing time. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that documentation is forwarded to UHP at JABSOMMR@UCERA.ORG. 

Influenza is not required for matriculation but is required prior to clinical placement. 

Influenza is required annually. Students should submit proof of vaccination by November 15th each year. 


TB screening is required annually. A hospital facility may require a TST (Tuberculosis Skin Test) more current within a certain time frame of 3 months.

Quantiferon GOLD or T-Spot blood test in lieu of PPD testing? Yes, this is acceptable with submission of test results. However, this test must be done every 364 days (same as one-step TB). If your Quantiferon or T-Spot result is positive, you will need a current chest x-ray and complete the State of Hawaii Document H TB Symptom Screen.

For more information, please see IGRA facts. 

If TB Screening was positive prior, will I still need to do an annual TB screening?  If your follow up chest X-ray is negative or you have completed treatment, you are only required to complete annually the State of Hawaii Document H TB Symptom Screen. Depending on your answers, you may need to repeat a chest X-ray.


Please refer to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) for more information: https://www.cdc.gov/tb/publications/factsheets/testing/skintesting.htm

For more information on the different types of TB tests:


Results of a TUBERCULIN SKIN TEST (PPD) and/or Chest X-ray performed within three months prior to matriculation in accordance with Hawaii state regulations:

  • An initial two-step PPD is highly recommended for matriculation. 1st and 2nd step are placed not less than one week and not more than three weeks apart if the initial PPD is negative. *Annually thereafter, a one-step placed within 364 days of the last negative PPD; OR
  • A chest Xray if the initial PPD is positive; OR
  • If there is a history of a positive PPD, documentation of a follow-up chest X-ray, and antimicrobial therapy for tuberculosis and subsequent chest X-rays if applicable.
Example of a 2-step TB (total of 4 visits to place of administration):
1st step: placed 3/2/202X – read 3/5/202X
2nd step: placed 3/14/202X – read 3/17/202X
*NOTE: When completing your annual TB updates, if you have completed a one-step and it was not placed within 364 days of your last placed TB. You will then NEED to complete another full 2-step TB. 

The CDC recommends that the tuberculin skin test (TST) or the interferon release assay (IGRA) can be done before or during the same time as the vaccine administration.

However, if the live vaccine vaccination has already been administered, please defer the TST or the IGRA until at least 4 weeks after completion of said vaccination. This is due to the unknown reliability of a negative TST or IGRA result after receiving said vaccination.


If you are confirmed positive for COVID, please inform Dr. Jill Omori (jill.omori@hawaii.edu) as soon as possible. 

The TST and IGRA are not expected to affect the effectiveness of the COVID vaccination

The CDC recommends that the tuberculin skin test (TST) or the interferon release assay (IGRA) can be done before or during the same time as the vaccine administration.  However, it is recommended to wait at least 4 weeks for any TST or IGRA after the COVID vaccination.


Healthcare personnel that are going to be in a setting that poses a high risk for transmission should complete the full series of vaccinations.

  • Serologies must include patient name, date of results, name and address of performing lab, and reference ranges. Screenshots and flowsheets are not acceptable documentation.
  • Some elective sites may have strict serology requirements that could preclude the student from participation.
  • If serologies are negative, non-immune/reactive or equivocal you must get re-immunized, following another serology.
    • Example: if your MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) were negative you must get 2 MMR immunizations, following a serology one month after the second shot.
    • Note: 2nd shot must be taken 28 days after first shot was taken.
  • Varicella: must get 2 varicella immunizations and serology one month after second immunization shot.
  • Hepatitis B: must repeat series of 3 (see below)
    • 2nd shot taken one month after 1st
    • 3rd shot taken 6months after 2nd
    • Serology taken 1 month after completing 3rd 
  • 2-dose Hepislav-B series may also be administered as long as you have documentation of the first 3 childhood Hepatitis B vaccinations.

Note that matriculation is not affected if documentation of the first immunization is submitted by July 1st.  You will still be responsible to complete the series.  

Initial completion of a series of immunizations followed by a negative serology. Then a completion of a 2nd set of immunizations followed by another serology that is negative.

Talk to your healthcare provider if a 3rd set of immunizations would be necessary.


We will gladly assist in completing your forms upon request. Please understand that processing and sign-off may take up to 10 business days after we have received the requirements below. 

We will need the following before we submit your forms for signature:

  • Complete demographic portion of the AAMC Standardized Immunization Form.
  • Confirm your demographic information (address, phone number, etc)
  • Quantitative Hep B Serology (ex 10 mIu/mL) or additional labs based on Hep B status (i.e. non-responder or chronic active)
  • Your immunization and serologies on file may be sufficient for AAMC submission
  • Please submit any additional required immunizations, boosters, or serology updates. 
  • For further information please review our AAMC Powerpoint

Note: Skin test or IGRA results should not expire during proposed elective rotation dates or must be updated with the receiving institution prior to rotation.

Your immunization records must be sent to the facility coordinator, depending on which facility you will be attending:

      • You or your JABSOM coordinator must submit an email request to UHP at JABSOMMR@ucera.org. Please include the name of the facility and the name and contact information of the facility coordinator.
      • UHP will not sign off on forms that require a physical or fitness for duty exam unless you complete this with your PCP first and send us the letter/record. 
      • UHP will not forward your records to any JABSOM coordinator
      • UHP will not forward your records to Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC)
      • Each facility will have their own unique immunizations requirements beyond what JABSOM requires.

We will gladly assist in completing the immunizations portion of your form upon request from either clerkship coordinators or students.

We will need the following filled out by either the clerkship coordinator or student:

  • Page 1: 1st table, Learner Information, Emergency Contact Information, and Insurance Information
  • Date of Annual Fit Test
  • N95s Cleared to Use
  • Date of BLS Provider Expiration

Note: Skin test or IGRA results should not expire during proposed elective rotation dates or must be updated with the receiving institution prior to rotation.  

Link to: Kaiser Health and Safety Verification Form

You will need to request the specific lab order from either an MD, DO, or APRN to write you a lab order. Please make an appointment with your healthcare provider. 

Depending on your insurance it may be possible to have a repeat serology ordered at a Minute Clinic or Urgent care. It is unlikely that insurance will cover the cost.


Please forward the response you received to JABSOMMR@ucera.org so we may review your records on file. Then we will contact OSA to have them contact the Manoa Health Service Office to take care of it.

Tdap vaccination is required to be within the last 10 years regardless of the last Td you have on file.

Despite CDC guidelines, facility forms will require a Tdap. 

Tdap – Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis

Td – Tetanus and Diphtheria


For the ʻImi Hoʻōla Post-Baccalaureate Program participants, please see below for more information below.

Deadline: July 15th of the current year (subject to change)

All entering ‘Imi Hoʻōla students are required to submit the completed health information to the University Health Partners of Hawaii (UHP) by email at JABSOMMR@ucera.org or fax (808) 447-3943.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact UHP via email at JABSOM MR@ucera.org or review the FAQ below for more information.

Please note that it is YOUR responsibility to ensure you meet all the requirements, so please review ALL requirements carefully.

Please use the following form to assist you: ‘Imi Ho’ola Immunization Checklist

Note: All students who successfully complete the program and matriculates into JABSOM will need to complete the list at the top of this page that lists all required JABSOM Immunizations.


Copyright © 2023.  All Rights Reserved.

Developed & Maintained By: HI Vizibility Marketing

(808) 469-4982

Tomorrow's Healthcare Today